Tri-Axle Dump Truck Driver
We are seeking a dependable and safety-conscious Dump Truck Driver to join our company. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
In this skilled position, you will play a crucial role in our construction projects, transporting materials and ensuring the smooth operation of our dump trucks. If you have a valid Class “A” or “B” CDL, a strong understanding of DOT regulations, and a track record of reliable driving, we want you to be part of our team!
- Hold a valid Class “A” or “B” CDL with a driving record within MVR policy guidelines.
- Demonstrate familiarity with DOT regulations to ensure compliance.
- Safely operate dump trucks to transport materials to and from construction projects.
- Proficient in chaining and binding of equipment being transported, adhering to DOT standards.
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels (oil, water, fuel) and inspect vehicles for leaks and damage before each operation.
- Take responsibility for daily maintenance, ensuring the vehicle remains in proper and safe working order.
- Notify the supervisor promptly if the vehicle requires repairs.
- Efficiently operate and load equipment onto the truck.
- Drive tri-axle truck and trailer as necessary.
- Always prioritize safety, adhering to safety protocols and reporting any near misses or unsafe acts.
- Safely climb on and off heavy mobile equipment.
- Assist with incidental work items and duties as required, utilizing additional skill sets.
To excel in this role, you must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are necessary for the position:
- Education and Experience: Previous experience as a Dump Truck Driver is a plus, not essential; this is not an entry-level position. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Effective communication with job site supervisors and fellow employees is crucial.
- Physical Demands: The job involves constant physical effort, including standing, bending, stooping, and crouching for extended periods. The ability to lift 50 pounds independently and up to 150 pounds with assistance is required. You should maintain alertness and be comfortable walking on uneven surfaces in various weather conditions. Climbing on and off heavy mobile equipment safely is a must.
- Work Environment: The work environment is primarily outdoors, exposing you to all weather conditions. Construction projects may involve high levels of noise, grease, and dust. You will regularly work near heavy equipment and moving machinery. It is essential to be comfortable working with substances commonly found on construction sites, such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel, and asphalt.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.