Heavy Equipment Operator
We are seeking a skilled and dependable Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
As a Heavy Equipment Operator, you will play a crucial role in our paving operations. We are looking for someone who is proficient in operating a range of equipment including the Shuttle-Buggy, Skid-Steer, Milling Head, Broom, and Backhoe. Don’t have experience using every piece of equipment? We still encourage you to apply. If you have a strong commitment to safety, quality, and teamwork, we want to hear from you!
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite, ensuring a safe and efficient work environment.
- Safely operate various equipment, including the buggy, skid-steer, milling head, backhoe, and broom.
- Remain vigilant of surroundings and blind spots, including people, powerlines, and other equipment, to prevent accidents.
- Dispose of materials properly and responsibly, adhering to designated disposal procedures for each piece of equipment.
- Avoid sweeping, milling, or dumping into unauthorized areas such as yards, driveways, gutters, and travel lanes.
- Daily waste disposal on trucks, preventing accumulation on the job site.
- Follow proper filling procedures for the shuttle buggy, including completing daily equipment inspections and reporting maintenance and repair needs to the supervisor.
- Keep equipment clean and well-maintained, including checking fluids, hydraulics, and greasing as necessary.
- Park equipment in designated safe areas determined by the foreman, considering the safety of the traveling public, lowboy drivers, and fuel service.
- Assist in layout tasks as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of asphalt paving experience (preferred).
- Effective leadership skills to motivate and manage subordinates, ensuring a safe and productive work environment.
- Physical ability to meet the demands of the job.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to work collaboratively and establish positive relationships with peers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain efficient operations.
- Professional and respectful demeanor, with the ability to engage employees in a team-oriented manner.
- Satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and meeting minimum company standards for driver qualification.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.