We are looking for a reliable and skilled Dozer Operator to join our team. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
A Dozer Operator is a skilled craft position responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Dozer on construction projects. The Dozer Operator performs a combination of tasks that include leveling and scooping soil, moving rocks and debris, and ensuring the proper maintenance of the equipment. This hourly-rated position requires experience and proficiency in operating Dozers to meet project requirements.
- Conduct proper pre-start and daily maintenance, including lubrication, to ensure equipment readiness.
- Operate the Dozer in a safe and appropriate manner, adhering to project guidelines and safety protocols.
- Understand, interpret, and follow directions from foremen and superintendents to meet project objectives.
- Maintain cleanliness and ensure the proper maintenance of the equipment under your responsibility.
- Promptly notify supervisors if equipment requires repair or maintenance.
- Perform tire pressure checks to ensure optimal performance.
- Monitor all engine gauges to identify and address any operational issues.
- Collaborate with construction general laborers and crew members to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of equipment for achieving grade specifications.
- Control air and water output of compressors and pumps by turning valves as required.
- Adjust control wheels, handles, and pedals to drive machinery and control attachments like blades, buckets, scrapers, and swing booms.
- Understand production and quantity requirements, scheduling work accordingly to maintain productivity.
- Perform incidental work items and duties associated with other crafts, as required.
- Fulfill any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
To successfully perform the job duties, the individual must meet the following requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrable previous experience as a Dozer Operator is essential; this position is not suitable for entry-level candidates.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Proficiency in understanding work directions and effective communication with supervisors and colleagues.
- Three (3) to five (5) years or more of industry-related experience, with a focus on roads, highways, and bridges.
The physical demands listed below are representative of those necessary for a Dozer Operator to successfully perform the job’s essential functions:
- Constant physical effort, including standing, for at least eight hours per day.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and crouch as necessary to perform key duties.
- Frequent use of hands extended overhead, often while operating hand power tools.
- Capability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds frequently and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintaining constant alertness to multiple activities on the construction site, including the movement of heavy equipment and coordination with other workers.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces, including natural ground and various weather conditions.
- The ability to safely climb on and off heavy mobile equipment.
The work environment of a Dozer Operator involves the following characteristics:
- Outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to high levels of noise, grease, and dust typically associated with construction projects.
- Regular proximity to heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work with various substances commonly found on construction sites, such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel, and ready-mixed concrete.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.