Tack Truck Driver
The Tack Truck Driver is a skilled craft position responsible for the safe and efficient operation of an asphalt distributor. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
This hourly-rated role requires a valid Class ‘A’ CDL with a tanker endorsement. The primary duty of the Tack Truck Driver is to operate the tack truck while adhering to all safety regulations and ensuring the proper maintenance of the vehicle.
- Safely operate the tack truck, following all traffic laws and company safety procedures.
- Load tack emulsion onto the truck efficiently and securely.
- Perform regular cleaning and upkeep of the tack truck to ensure its optimal performance.
- Constantly monitor the temperature of the material to maintain its quality.
- Collaborate with the asphalt crew to assist with additional duties when the tack truck is not in use.
- Maintain a clean driving record within the guidelines of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) policy.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the safe operation of construction and paving equipment.
- Willingness to workday or night shifts as required.
- Stay updated on all USDOT and FMCSA safety regulations.
- Conduct daily safety checks of fluid levels (oil, water, fuel), inspect for leaks and damage prior to operating the vehicle.
- Notify supervisor promptly if the vehicle requires repair.
- Keep complete pre and post trip Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR).
- Carry a current medical examiner’s certificate (FMCSR part 391.41).
- Assist with incidental work items and duties related to other crafts as needed.
- Prioritize safety first by identifying and reporting near misses and unsafe acts.
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) (preferred).
- Demonstrable previous experience as a Tack Truck Driver (preferred).
- Three (3) to five (5) years of industry-related experience, with a focus on roads, highways, and bridges (preferred).
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to understand work directions and effectively communicate with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
The following physical demands are essential for performing the Tack Truck Driver role:
- Constant physical effort, including standing for extended periods.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and crouch as necessary to fulfill job duties.
- Lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds frequently, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Remain alert to multiple concurrent activities on the construction site, including the movement of equipment and other employees.
- Walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground, in varying weather conditions.
- Outdoor work in all weather conditions, including extreme heat.
- Exposure to high levels of noise, grease, and dust typically associated with construction projects.
- Proximity to heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Potential exposure to various substances found on construction sites or equipment shops, such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel, and asphalt.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.