Quality Control Lab Technician
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Quality Control Lab Technician to join our team. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
As a Quality Control Lab Technician, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and performance of our asphalt products through comprehensive testing and analysis. If you are passionate about quality assurance, possess the necessary technical expertise, and are committed to maintaining high standards, we want you to join our team!
- Conduct laboratory tests on asphalt samples to determine physical characteristics such as gradation, specific gravity, abrasion, and more.
- Adhere to standardized testing methods, including those outlined by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), and the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT).
- Work collaboratively in and around asphalt processing plants to obtain samples from various sources, including stockpiles, conveyors, and customer sites.
- Inspect, maintain, and calibrate asphalt laboratory equipment to ensure accurate and reliable test results.
- Implement and oversee techniques for building stockpiles that minimize the risks of segregation, contamination, and degradation, thereby maintaining the quality of our products.
- Ensure loadout procedures adhere to industry best practices to guarantee product integrity during transportation.
- Collaborate with the team to investigate and resolve quality issues that arise within the plant or at construction/manufacturing sites.
- Analyze processing plants to identify areas for improvement that can enhance the quality and production of asphalt products.
- Record and meticulously maintain asphalt test results using Microsoft Excel or other applicable software.
- Effectively communicate test results to management, the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT), and other relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Uphold a professional and courteous demeanor in all business interactions, maintaining a high level of integrity and ethical conduct.
- Possess the aptitude to complete tasks in a safe manner, following all applicable safety guidelines and protocols.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Exhibit the ability to work efficiently both in a team environment and independently, taking initiative and demonstrating strong problem-solving skills.
- Adapt to working outdoors in various weather conditions, including hot, cold, and rainy environments.
- Display physical stamina, as the role requires standing for long periods of time and navigating uneven terrain.
- Maintain flexibility in working overtime and weekend hours as needed to meet project deadlines and business demands.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as assigned by the management team.
- Relevant training and certification with the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) or the ability to obtain such certification.
- Previous experience in quality control or laboratory testing, preferably within the asphalt industry.
- Strong understanding of testing methods and standards, including ASTM, AASHTO, and DOT specifications.
- Proficiency in utilizing computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping abilities to accurately document and maintain test results.
- Effective communication skills to report findings to various stakeholders clearly and professionally.
- Attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work to ensure accuracy and precision in testing processes.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Physical fitness and the capability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.